About Cave Drawing Ink

Cave Drawing Ink on MySpace

Cave Drawing Ink on Facebook

Contact us: cavedrawingink@yahoo.com


Click here for ROTO 1st Story!
Part 2Part 3Part 4Part 5Part 6

Cave Drawing Ink Presents


Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The Ten Most Underrated Movie Villains - 8. The Predator

The Predator (Predator): Dutch: "You are one ugly motherfucker." Sketch by Steve Wands

There is nothing more evil or frightening than a calm, no nonsense alien that decides to come to our planet to stalk and hunt down, The Most Dangerous Game style, a group of bad ass Commandos in the jungle. When I was a kid my mom wouldn't let me see movies like this at all--so I would always go around the corner to the kid's, whose name will remain anonymous, house (see Ma I don't rat out my friends). John McTiernan's classic action-Sci-Fi jungle romp was fun exciting and absolutely terrifying. Usually in horror movies the victims are dumb, un-athletic and you can just see the target signs on their friggin foreheads. They are normally pre-pubescent teenagers to boot. Now Predator is a completely different animal. In the beginning we see the crack commando team doing what they do best, killing with efficiency and pure uninhibited testosterone. I mean who on this earth could actually kill Jesse Ventura's Blain or Sonny Landham's Native American badass Billy. How can any human being hope to snuff out Bill Duke's sniper hard charger, Mac. Well this Predator did it all, whacked the whole team one by one, and it was only through tactics and a mud camouflage that Arnold Schwarzenegger's Dutch was able to kill that ugly Motherfucker. - Jeff

Take away his invisibility and heat detecting powers-the Predator is a name that alone entitles him to a rank in the Top 10. I remember when I was young watching this movie and it was one of the first times I can recall rooting for the "bad guy" because he was just so cool. Don't get me wrong, I love Arnold and I loved him in this movie, but the Predator was by far the favorite. Let's be honest, in real life the Predator would dominate anybody. His level of brute strength and alien powers makes him an ideal villain. He could definitely go toe to toe with other villain superstars. - Jen H.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Ben said...

I don't think you can really classify the Predator as underrated, I think many, many people would put him in the bad ass category. I don't want to tell your business, but I think you got this one wrong. Will I forgive you? We'll see.

October 21, 2009 at 10:38 AM  
Blogger IAN said...

I very much have to agree... in fact i know a lot people who this is either their favorite monster movie / favorite arnold movie. And that includes me on both accounts.

October 21, 2009 at 4:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Obviously you did not read the primary reason for our top ten list. To counter AFI's top 50 villains, in which the Predator does not appear at all. I agree that the ugly one should be on everyone's list of villains but since AFI is so respected that it is canon for most, it felt right to add the Predator to our list. But it's ok, Ben I will certainly forgive you for your mistake.

October 21, 2009 at 5:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Predator is the greatest movie of all time and that is not a subjective opinion in any way....its fact


and no, i'm not joking

October 21, 2009 at 5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

News Archive: July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 September 2008 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 February 2010 March 2010 May 2010 July 2010 August 2010 September 2010 October 2010 February 2011 October 2011





All content © Cave Drawing Ink. Characters, plots, and illustrations may not be reproduced without express written permission. Published stories are subject to international copyright laws. Characters licensed by others (i.e. fan art) are used in accordance with the fair use doctrine of US copyright law.